Episode 16: Halwa Poori2012-07-10
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Wish & Dish With Saadat Episode 16:
- Salt to taste
- Sufi Banaspati (Ghee) 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 1 cup
- Plain Flour 1 cup
- Small Cardamom 4-6
- Raisins 1 cup
- Coconut Powder 1 cup
- Yellow Colour 1 pinch
- Almond & Pistachio for garnishing
- Suji 2 cup and 2 tablespoons for poori
- Sufi Banaspati 1-½ and for frying for poori
- Water 2 cup and as required for poori
Heat Sufi Banaspati in a pan, fry raisins and take them out.
Now fry small cardamom.
Add sooji (farina) in the pan and cook.
After that add coconut powder, water, sugar, yellow colour and cook over a light fire.
For poori, take a mixing bowl and add plain flour, Sufi Banaspati, salt, sooji (farina) and water.
Knead (goondhna) the mixture, make poori and fry.
Finally serve the Halwa Poori after garnishing with raisins, almonds and pistachios.