Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
We are thankful to Waqas Awan as Black Chickpeas recipe is published by Den of Delights, from FOOD RECIPE CONTEST.
- Kala chana (black chickpeas) - washed and soaked in water overnight 2 cups
- Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil 3 tbsps
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Green chillies slit lengthwise 2
- Fresh grated ginger 3 tbsps
- Finely chopped garlic 2 tbsp
- Onion chopped fine 1 large
- Coriander powder 2 tsps
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes chopped into 1" cubes 2 medium
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves 1/4 cup
- Juice of 1/2 a lime or lemon
- Salt to taste
Boil the chickpeas in a pressure cooker or large pan till soft. Drain and keep aside for later. Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan and when it is hot, add the cumin seeds. Cook till they splutter.
Add the green chillies and cook till they stop spluttering. Now add the ginger and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion and fry till soft.
Add the boiled chickpeas, coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chilli, raw mango powders and mix well.
Cook for 2 minutes and then add the tomatoes, chopped coriander and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes more.
Turn off the fire and garnish with the lime juice